header
Friday, May 8, 2009, 9:22 PM


MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS

That's just a random title of the day. Well, maybe. But not all. Cos the title just came across my mind when I thought of writting a post for my blog. People says, money is everything.. especially for the materialistic one. Money can buy health, status, good looking, all our desires and almost everything.. but only happiness that we can't buy with money. Probably you all won't agree with me, but that's what I think. For me, the amount of time that you spend with each other can buy them happiness.

I'd take my lonely tripa as my personal experience. I'm not trying to offend anyone.. but I just want to write it out. Now, although I didn't shop much nor go out for any walk during my trip at KL for the past 3 weeks, but honestly.. i'm very happy with it. My time passed very fast there.. one by one day. Every weekdays morning, I'd wake up at 8.15am sharp. Then I'll wake baby Adam at 8.30am after I'm done washing face and brushing teeth. I'll send him to montessori sharp at 8.45am. Reach home at 9.30am, I'll just online for the morning. In the afternoon, I make my own sandwiches for lunch, and have it inside the tv room, watching dvds. When 5.15pm reached, I drove to LRT station to pick my sis up from work, and together we would go fetch baby adam back. Reach home, I'll play with baby adam until his bedtime. My sis would cook for the dinner and we'll talk.. chit chat.. and so on after the dinner. You know.. the thing we called interaction.. communication.. and the time we spend together. Now that buys happiness.. wait. Not buy.. it comes naturally.. FOC, free-of-charge. In the weekends, most of the time.. I'll be playing with baby Adam. Then maybe out for lunch or dinner like that. It's just a simple but happy day for me.. =)

So, 3 weeks passed and now I'm in Singapore. Frankly speaking, today is my 5th day staying here.. and so far only today is my happiest day.. well, at least up to today. Why? Simple. I went out with my friends. Although there's only the 3 of us go out together, but it meant a lot to me. There's William, his friend Ken, and me. Both William and Ken is my childhood friend. We used to play and tag along when we were little. But I was closer to William since I always quarrel and fight with Ken back then. Lol. Ken's look changed a lot. But at least still got a bit similar with his last time's look. I can't recognise him when I first saw him this morning. It's been almost 10 years we didn't see each other. And today we met back here, in Singapore.

I went to meet them at Bukit Batok, which my bro said it was a lousy place. Maybe it is, but to me not. At least I get to meet my friends there and have a nice time chatting and catching up with them. No doubt when we first met each other, it was rather awkward but soon after that, we were ok and can talk and laugh. That was the first time I actually laughed since the moment I reach Singapore. After breakfast, we went to the mall there for a walk, then we ended up at the TimeZone's arcade for few games. I didn't play much, just enjoy seeing them play. After that, we had lunch at the Food Court day. So basically I was spending my day from 10am till 2pm at Bukit Batok, but I enjoyed it very much. And of course, I had fun!

Ken and William

This is what they play

Bukit Batok Mall

Ken playing shooting monsters?

Shopping alone were not fun at all. When I want to buy something and get someone's opinion on it, no one was there. When I am hungry and wanted to sit down for lunch, no one was there. So I rather not to eat. That's why I didn't go out much though I have the money and everything. I rather stay at home, watch dramas, play game and chat in msn. It's more relax than going out alone.

My friends said this Sunday we might going to the East Coast to ride bicycle! East Coast is somewhere near beach, or should I say, got beach there. Haha. I'm very looking foward to it! Hope it wont clash with my time with bro. So you see, this friendship can't be buy with money.

I have a thought.. that friends that you knew longer will always be the one remembers you well.. know you well.. understand you well. My NS friends, though we were so so close back in the camp, but now, few of them forgotten about me.. while some just don't bother to text you to keep you in touch. My Form 6 friends, yah we do still keep in touch.. but some already don't know gone to where.. no news about them. High school friends.. few of them I am still close to, like Happy, Andrea, Agnes, Alicia and Angeline. But recently I got disappointed by a high school friend of mine, whom I never thought how she will think about her high school friends. Anyway, nevermind about that. God will leads the way. He will open a path for us. =)

So, I guess that's all for today's update. My bro's coming back tomorrow! No more lonely shopping I guess. No more lonely dinner too! Wheee! Hope my following days in singapore here would be more fun and interesting! and of course! MEMORABLE!! XD

This is just me, myself, and I


string

footer