header
♥ Spending The Last Bits of My Birthday
Monday, November 28, 2011, 11:59 PM


Birthday.. is suppose to be a happy day. But, why am I not happy? Instead, I feel extremely tired. Not having the birthday mood at all. I spent the first 2 hours of my birthday with assignments.. assignments.. and more assignments. Those work loads are constantly piling up. So I thought of slacking the whole of my birthday. But I couldn't. Those works were calling for me. I even tried to slack, but end up feeling even more tired, insecure and uncomfortable.

So I woke up at 12:30pm today. So you can imagine how tired I was. If I didn't force myself to wake up at 12:30pm, I couldn't imagine when will I wake up. Woke up, still very tired. Feels like Sunday. I slacked till 1+ when my assignments start calling for me. Sat in front of my laptop, do assignments till 4+, went to continue my slack. But I slacked very insecurely. Anytime I close my eyes, I could sleep. Very tired. Although many people had wished me and asked me to take a rest for the day. But I couldn't. I feel bad for myself, yet I feel guilty for not doing anything. Deep down in my heart, how I wished that my exam had past.

Through this birthday, I can see who actually stay up till 12am sharp to wish me for my birthday. I really appreciate them. I also realised, I have actually more than 60 friends whom I really know. So if I were to hold a party and get everyone I know to attend, I would be sending out more than 60 invitation cards. I never knew that I have so many friends. Thank God for providing me with so many friends. But also, through this birthday, I have realised that there are some people who totally forgot about my birthday when I remember theirs. This shows the importance of me in them.

Now everyone are moving one by one to facebook. Just few years ago, when it's my birthday, I would be busy replying sms-es at 12am sharp. But now, I keep hearing facebook notifications from my phone. This shows how successful facebook is. Before facebook, everyone would keep their friend's birthday notification on their phone. But now, people don't bother to remember people's birthday as they will know it when the day comes; through facebook. So if they don't access their facebook during the special day, then they will never know their friend's birthday. The consequences is, you forgot your friend's birthday, and you are downgrading your brain.

Spending 20 minutes here, I don't even know and understand what the crap am I typing here. The differences between my 21st birthday and my birthday this time are, last year there were about 20 people celebrating with me, this year only my family. Last year, everyone seems to remember my birthday, but this year not all. Last year, I still can laugh on my birthday, but this year I can't. Last year, I was one year younger than this year, but this year i am older than last year. Although there were no friends who celebrated by birthday with me, but it is sufficient for me to celebrate this special day with my family.

Wondering what kind of birthday I will have next year... Ok. Enough of crap. Time to sleep. Bye.

This is just me, myself, and I


string

footer